Office franco-québécois pour la jeunesse (OFQJ) bursary program
The Office franco-québécois pour la jeunesse (in French only), in partnership with Éducation internationale, has set up bursaries of 300 euros (only one payment at the beginning of the training) for young people wanting to come to Québec for vocational training. The purpose of these bursaries is to boost the mobility of French students through vocational training in Québec.
To be eligible for a bursary, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 to 35 years of age and of French nationality.
- Register for vocational training on Québec métiers d’avenir. Indicate in their covering letter why they wish to obtain an OFQJ bursary for vocational training in Québec.
- Obtain a letter of acceptance for the program at the Québec vocational training centre. This document will be sent to you by Éducation internationale once online admission is complete and the prerequisites validated.
After receiving these items, the OFQJ will select the bursary recipients and advise them within one month. To receive the bursary, the OFQJ must receive a copy of the airline ticket by email.
Tuition fee exemption for French nationals
In accordance with a France-Québec agreement on education, French vocational training students are exempt from paying tuition fees. However, they are required to pay their related costs, i.e. learning materials for their vocational training program. Visit the page Advantages for French nationals to know more about it.
Merit scholarships and exemption from supplementary tuition fees
The Merit scholarship program for foreign students taking vocational training allows recipients to benefit from:
- A merit scholarship covering living expenses for the duration of the program (paid monthly);
- An exemption from the supplementary fees payable by foreign students;
- Health insurance protection provided by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
Each year, 15 to 20 students are selected for this program and more than 100 applications were received for the final selection.
The program for exemption from supplementary tuition fees enables 20 international students in vocational education in Québec to be exempt from paying supplementary tuition fees. Exemption recipients do not receive a scholarship for living expenses and are not covered by the RAMQ.